Distance walked = 364km
Total ascent = 7546m (that's Kathmandu to the top of Everest)
Total days to complete = 20
Total walking days = 18
Total rest days = 2
Avg dist per walking day = ~20km
Min distance on walking day= 7.8km
Max distance on walking day = 26.8km
Rainy days =~ 1
Overcast but dryish days =~ 15
Sunny days (read hot) = 4
Avg daily spend = ~66£ (100$AU)
Avg accom = twin room with small or shared bathroom in a pub/B&B
No of nights in dorm accom = 0 yay did stay at one youth hostel
No of walkers per year = ~10k (2011) this year less due to the rain
3 fondest recollections
- having nothing to do but walk inc the up hills my favorite (seriously)
- the villages, pubs, churches, farms
- the country side, Green stones, sheep, gills, stiles, stone walls, tarns, etc etc. The whole coffee table book scene every day.
3 least favorite parts
- bogs with cow shit
- physical, banging my head on low doorways. I still have the scars
- midges. I only came across them once but still have the scars
- the weather every morning the forecast would be for floods etc every day it didn't happen while we were walking
- I put on weight due to the great beers and the fatty pub food. Still lighter than when I left OZ though.
- how swollen my Achilles are compared to Camino. They work ok up hill but shocking on the down hill.
- how cheap England is. I never thought I'd say this but it is cheaper than Australia.
- the power shower is still alive and well and still a complete misnomer.