Thursday 25 October 2012

GS OZ Day 28 Broome

Awoke in the middle of the night with extreme pain in my right hand around the middle finger. I had pins and needles in both hands and could not close my right hand without pain. I took some pain killers and went back to sleep but it was still the same when I awoke this morning.

As all good ailments deserve I quickly consulted the net. After ruling out lymes disease, instantaneous arthritis (I do have some in that finger) I found a site that spoke of these symptoms as they relate to long distance motorcycle riding, it prescribed some stretches. It's carpal tunnel symptoms but some muscles in the neck, chest etc get tight and effect the nerves in the arms and hands so could be a bit of both. Anyway, I found a device (fancy taping) that you wear at night on the net and I fashioned a ripoff version. Its helped a treat(see pictures)

Pottered around town. Did some shopping so I could stay at the resort and not ride for a day or so. I sussed out a coffee shop and generally lazed around reading and swimming in the pool etc. Also bought a hdmi adapter for my ipad so I can what the movies on it on the motels big screens. (this is brilliant)

No comments:

Post a Comment