Tuesday 8 May 2012

Day 12 Belorado or "terra del viento" (23km)

The photo pretty well sums up today 23km beside a highway on asphalt or hardpack with a strong head wind, baking hot with the odd shower. Not a very enjoyable day. Enough said.



I've include my credencial with stamps so far for your viewing pleasure. This is a passport type concept where each town you stay you get a stamp to prove you went thought the town. Apparently in Santiago this gets scrutinised before one is awarded the camino de Santiago de Compostella. I preparing for being chastised about not having any church hostel stamps and mainly hotels, pubs and cafe ones.
Note I've only filled up half of one side so that should give you an idea of how far to go.

Another note of interest is that Belorado is the self proclaimed "digital hub" of the camino. This is evidenced by the lowest availability of WiFi not only on the Camino but the planet.
My Credecial filling up slowly

Camino de dia

In this region Storks nest on most bell towers

1 comment:

  1. Hi Marcus, I guess thats the thing about long distance walking in Europe - you are going to end up in the vicinity of major roads now and then. Do you go through the Picos de Europa national park ? PS Anthony mentioned you might have sent me an email (?) but I didnt get it. Have sent my email address to your cracroft address in case you have old address from some time ago.

    ReplyDelete